Tell Us Your Story
Everyone has a story, and we’d love to hear yours! We listen to every pitch and if we like yours, we might air it on Life Is A Story Podcast, or contact you to develop your story further. And don’t forget to tell us where you are located. We produce shows from all around the world.
Submit Your Story for Review
Story Guidelines and Submission Parameters
We want to hear your story, but we do have some submission guidelines and selection criteria that you need to understand before you submit it.
● Stories must be non-fiction and unpublished in any form
● Stories must be no longer than 8 minutes
● All rights to the story are retained by you
● The podcast reserves the right to rebroadcast the story, promote it on its social media pages, include it in a future anthology of Life is a Story Podcasts,
● Submissions must be in an mp3 audio file
● You will be notified by email if your story is chosen. We will review all submissions as quickly possible. Our response time will depend on the number of submissions received; however our goal is to respond within 30 days.
● Stories should be family oriented
● No explicit content
● Highlight family relationships, especially between fathers and daughters
● No self-help, psychological advice or religious stories unless they are an ancillary part of the story
● Highlight the extraordinary in the ordinary
● No poetry unless it is ancillary to the story like a daughter reading a poem to one or both of her parents
● Keep the stories simple, honest, heartfelt and thought provoking
● Listen to the podcast stories for clues as to what works.